As we get close to the end of the year I dont know about anyone else but I am in need of a break and some healing, it's such a busy time and quite often we get to Christmas day and just feel exhausted. This comfort food is also anti -inflammatory and healing all in the one bowl plus quick and easy to prepare.
SERVES 2 to 4
4 tablespoons of Vegan Chorizo
1/2 Jar Tomatillo Salsa
2 large avocados
2 tablespoons of coconut oil
1 heaped teaspoon of ground organic turmeric
1 cup of brown rice, precooked
1 onion chopped (optional)
10 cloves garlic, finely chopped and left to rest for 10 mins
2 carrots, peeled and chopped into cubes
1 cup of peas
1 cup of chopped broccoli
himalayan salt to taste.
Cooked pinto beans (optional) our recipe here
1. Add the coconut oil to a frypan to melt
2. add the carrot, onion and fry gently in the coconut oil.
3. add the cooked brown rice and mix to coat with coconut oil
4. add the salt, turmeric and mix through, continue heating and mixing be careful not to let it stick
5. Now add the garlic and mix through the rice, then add the Vegan Chorizo and stir through.
6. Add the peas then scoot the rice to one side and add a smidge of water and let the broccoli steam a little with a lid on .
7. Mash the avocados with a fork and mix in the Tomatillo Salsa.
8. Serve in pasta bowl with warmed pinto beans and a generous dollop of avo mash on top.
I like to add a little Salsa Picante as well for some kick. :)