Its been quite a while since I posted any new recipes and I cant believe I have never shared how to make these enchiladas with our Enchilada Sauce of course.
These ones are plant based, but you can fill them with chicken, beans, potato or I sometimes make mushroom and spinach ones as well.
- Lightly grease a small lasagne dish or baking tray,
- Mix the Enchilada sauce with the water in a jug
- Heat your tortillas and wrap them in a heavy cloth to keep warm and pliable
- Pour 1/3 of the Enchilada sauce and water mix in the bottom of your lasagne dish
- Work with one tortilla at a time , place the tortilla in the sauce and spoon some Vegan chorizo along the centre of the tortilla, then place cooked hot pinto beans (see recipe) or warmed potato pieces on top of the chorizo.
- Now gently wrap the tortilla over the filling and till the edges overlap and gently rotate until the seem is at the bottom so they don't unwrap, push it to one side of the dish. Continue with this method until all the tortillas are filled and pushed close together.
- Pour the remaining Enchilada sauce mix over all the enchiladas, making sure they are well covered.
- Sprinkle cheese over them and bake in an oven until heated through and cheese is melted
- top with mashed avocado and serve with Mexican rice and a salad.